Always make sure to schedule your appointment 10 days prior to travel. Health Certificates are only good 10 days from the point they are seen by a certified veterinarian.
Health Certificates are needed for any pet that is traveling out of the country. These certificates must be completed by a certified veterinarian. Although this is a service offered at Paws N’ Hooves Veterinary Hospital and Paws N’ Hooves Mobile Veterinary Services not all of our veterinarians are certified. It is always best practice to call ahead and schedule an appointment.
We highly recommend that you do the research on the import requirements to your destination. To provide the best possible customer services to you, we make every reasonable attempt to determine each importing country’s travel regulations. Occasionally, we are unable to establish what the specific regulations are for a particular country. This is not to say that specific regulations do not exist, just that we do not have knowledge of them. Some destinations require vaccines and/or tests that need to be done months in advance.
- Research the requirements of your destination.
- Schedule an appointment in advance for 10 days prior to travel.
- Check airline requirements.
- Expect everything to be taken care of in one day.
- Wait until the last minute to schedule your appointment.
If you are traveling out of the United States this includes time for the Health Certificate to be sent to the USDA in Austin, the USDA to review the Health Certificate and request any necessary changes to be made, the USDA to approve the Health Certificate, and for the Health Certificate to be mailed back. Please keep in mind that these appointments need to be made earlier in the day so that we have time to prepare the documentations and get them to FedEx before cut off times. The USDA is also closed on weekends and holidays so there may be additional time waiting for the Heath Certificate’s return.
What to bring:
- All of your pets previous vaccine history
- Rabies certificate signed (NO stamps) in red or blue ink
- Name, address and phone number for person shipping pet
- Name, address and phone number for person pickup up pet
- If it is the same person as shipping we will need the address of your destination.
- Requirements for your destination